Sunday, March 9, 2014

Almost 4 years...




Mama and Ed. Early 80's I believe.



It has been almost four years since Ed, my step dad died from a cancerous brain tumor. 

Four years ago, I didn't think I would ever get over this. I was right.

But time does bring some healing with it.

This past year has been very hard for me, but when I compare it to what he went through, my 'bad year' was a piece of cake.

When I think of Ed, I think of all the good things he did, what a good person he was, how no one has an unkind word to say about him. And I am happy.

I am happy to have had him for my step dad. I am happy he got to live a pretty long life, though each year I find myself saying, he died so young. I am happy he was 'saved'. I am happy to have reminders in my home of him. I am happy to see the cardinals which make me feel like he is sending good messages. I am happy for my certainty of where he is now.

It has been almost four years since Ed left us. He left us, and yet, he is still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment